A third-party logistics company (3PL) is responsible for distributing, storing, and transporting goods, among other supply chain management services, to consumers on behalf of other businesses.
Third-party logistics companies work for businesses that produce goods but don’t have the means to bring those goods to consumers.
Endeavor Industries is your full-service third-party logistics company solution. We are centrally located to save you money. We offer a multitude of logistics services to help your business run smoothly and allow you to focus on continuing to make great products.
Here at Endeavor Industries, we’ll explain the ins and outs of 3PL and how to choose one. We’ll also touch on what we do, how it differentiates us from other third-party logistics companies, and why you should consider working with us.
How can 3PL help your small business?
A third-party logistics company can offer expertise, streamline supply chains, and save your business time and money.
They can offload logistics efforts, make them more efficient, and give your company more time to focus on adding value to your consumers.
When should I start using a Third-Party Logistics Company?
Many businesses jump to 3PL when in-house fulfillment becomes too much to handle.
Additionally, businesses looking to grow their business seek out 3PL support proactively.
What are the four types of 3PL?
There are four common types of 3PL. They are
Standard 3PL Providers
– Standard 3PL Providers offer minimal logistic services like storage and transportation. This is typically the most affordable 3PL option.
3PL Service Developers
– These 3PLs provide storage and shipping services, technical support, and management. In addition, they can track shipping, provide security, and cross-docking.
3PL Customer Adapters
– A 3PL customer adapter will cover nearly all logistical components from beginning to end for a business. In addition, they give partners access to management systems and allow for customization when needed.
3PL Customer Developers
– These 3PLs holistically operate logistics for a company and remove a company’s need for a logistics department. This is the most expensive 3PL due to the heavy workload and responsibility.
How to Choose a 3PL
Choosing a third-party logistics company is a big step for any business, big or small. A 3PL can help you take your business to the next level when chosen correctly.
What to Look for When Choosing a Third-Party Logistics Company
Look at the range of options they offer. Will your needs be met? Are you going to pay for things you want or need? Can they be flexible and adjust their prices?
Also, look at their network of locations. For example, if you’re a national brand, you need a national 3PL!
What to Watch Out for when choosing a third-party logistics company
Watch out for 3PLs who lack experience in your industry. 3PLs who have poor inventory management should be avoided as well.
Know What You Need!
What Makes Endeavor Industries Special?
We can store your e-commerce products in-house. We use software that takes your incoming Amazon orders, among other e-commerce platforms, and seamlessly uploads them into our system.
Then, we can pick, pack, and ship the orders to your customers.
Amazon FBA Prep
We can take the product from you, your manufacturer, or directly from overseas suppliers, prep them to Amazon standards, and deliver them to Amazon warehouses to avoid long-term storage fees.
Subscription boxes, like Loot Crate, fall within our wheelhouse, too. In the past, clients have sent us materials for prep and packaging. We then ship them to customers each month.
Warehousing and Storage
We can store your goods and products, even if you don’t need our pick and pack services.
Amazon Account Management
We can create or optimize your Amazon store and listings while enhancing your keywords and photos. We can also manage incoming orders, customer service issues, respond to reviews and questions, and process returns.
We store and ship, usually in pallet quantities, from one business to another.
Cross docking allows companies to drop products at our facility, store them temporarily, and reload them into different trucks to take them to another location.
Crowdfunding and Kickstarter Fulfillment
When companies launch, they sometimes have massive order loads to fulfill from pre-sales. Endeavor Industries can handle the storage and shipping of such order loads.
Batching, Kitting, and Bundling
We take multiple single items together to make one sales unit.
What Makes Endeavor Industries Special
– We are an FDA-approved facility! We can safely store food and beverage products that others cannot.
– Air-conditioned storage and packaging
– Fulfillment center located in the Central U.S. with nationwide reach.
– Our entire facility is equipped with fire protective sprinklers to help protect your products from fire damage.
– Our facility has a complete security system with 24/7 monitoring
– All employees are drug tested and background checked.
– Endeavor Industries has no minimums! Therefore, we never charge fees if you don’t sell a minimum number of products or don’t meet our minimums.
– Endeavor Industries does not charge long-term storage fees.
– We do not increase prices during peak seasons.
– We provide top-notch customer service.
– Endeavor Industries is flexible. We can do as much or as little as you need.
Here at Endeavor Industries, we hope to have answered some of your most pressing questions about 3PLs.
3PLs are great resource companies of all sizes looking to take the next step to build their business.
Endeavor Industries is a full-service third-party logistics solution centrally located in the U.S. to help save money.
If your business is ready to jump, choose Endeavor Industries.